11.15.2005

RIP

status: busy; paper 3.5 p remainin (outta 10) book: 70 p remanin'
today's idea: nothin better than hearin from an ol' bud
gonna drown in teacup!
have a nice time; im outta my mind; need sleep & time! fuck this week!
thanks that ol' buddy for his nice story ; educational yo know!
From no limbs to NO LIMITS
A Remarkable Story of God's Grace
It says in James 1:2 - "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever youface trials of many kinds."To count our hurt, pain and struggle as nothing but pure joy? As my parentswere Christians, and my Dad even a Pastor of our church, they knew thatverse very well. However, on the morning of the 4th of December 1982 inMelbourne (Australia), the last two words on the minds of my parents was"Praise God!". Their firstborn son had been born without limbs! There wereno warnings or time to prepare themselves for it. The doctors we shockedand had no answers at all! There is still no medical reason why this hadhappened and Nick now has a Brother and Sister who were born just like anyother baby.The whole church mourned over my birth and my parents were absolutelydevastated. Everyone asked, "if God is a God of Love, then why would Godlet something this bad happen to not just anyone, but dedicatedChristians?" My Dad thought I wouldn't survive for very long, but testsproved that I was a healthy baby boy just with a few limbs missing.Understandably, my parents had strong concern and evident fears of whatkind of life I'd be able to lead. The first biggest hurdle was for myparents to be at peace and trusting that God was in control. It took anumber of months of tears, questions and grief before that complete
through those early years and soon after that I was old enough to go toschool.There are a few people who assume that because of my physical disabilitythat it meant that I\'d also be mentally disabled. The law in Australiadidn\'t allow me to be integrated into a main-stream school because of myphysical disability. God did miracles and gave my Mom the strength tofight for the law to be changed. I was one of the first disabled studentsto be integrated into a main-stream school.I liked going to school, and just try to live life like everyone else, butit was in my early years of school where I encountered uncomfortable timesof feeling rejected, weird and bullied because of my physical difference.It was very hard for me to get used to, but with the support of myparents, I started to develop attitudes and values which helped meovercome these challenging times. I knew that I was different but on theinside I was just like everyone else. There were many times when I felt solow that I wouldn\'t go to school just so I didn\'t have to face all thenegative attention. I was encouraged by my parents to ignore them and totry start making friends by just talking with some kids. Soon the studentsrealized that I was just like them, and starting there God kept onblessing me with new friends.There were times when I felt depressed and angry because I couldn\'t changethe way I was, or blame anyone for that matter. I went to Sunday School and",1]
);
//-->
overtook their hearts. God provided them strength, wisdom and couragethrough those early years and soon after that I was old enough to go toschool.There are a few people who assume that because of my physical disabilitythat it meant that I'd also be mentally disabled. The law in Australiadidn't allow me to be integrated into a main-stream school because of myphysical disability. God did miracles and gave my Mom the strength tofight for the law to be changed. I was one of the first disabled studentsto be integrated into a main-stream school.I liked going to school, and just try to live life like everyone else, butit was in my early years of school where I encountered uncomfortable timesof feeling rejected, weird and bullied because of my physical difference.It was very hard for me to get used to, but with the support of myparents, I started to develop attitudes and values which helped meovercome these challenging times. I knew that I was different but on theinside I was just like everyone else. There were many times when I felt solow that I wouldn't go to school just so I didn't have to face all thenegative attention. I was encouraged by my parents to ignore them and totry start making friends by just talking with some kids. Soon the studentsrealized that I was just like them, and starting there God kept onblessing me with new friends.There were times when I felt depressed and angry because I couldn't changethe way I was, or blame anyone for that matter. I went to Sunday School and
love to a point as a child, but I didn\'t understand that if God loved mewhy did He make me like this? Is it because I did something wrong? Ithought I must have because out of all the kids at school, I\'m the onlyweird one. I felt like I was a burden to those around me and the sooner Igo, the better it\'d be for everyone. I wanted to end my pain and end mylife at a young age, but I am thankful once again, for my parents andfamily who were always there to comfort me and give me strength.Due to my emotional struggles I had experienced with bullying, self esteemand loneliness, God has implanted a passion of sharing my story andexperiences to help others cope with whatever challenge they have in theirlife and let God turn it into a blessing. To encourage and inspire othersto live to their fullest potential and not let anything get in the way ofaccomplishing their hopes and dreams.As I grew older God continued to prepare my heart and teach me to seek Him.One of the first lessons that I have learnt was not to take things forgranted. I had that wake up call around the age of twelve and realizedjust how much I was blessed with. I take my foot for granted, my familyand the fact that I wasn\'t born in a third world country all blessingsthat God had freely given and I still complain? I came across;Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the best forthose who love Him."That verse spoke to my heart and convicted me to the point where that I",1]
);
//-->
learnt that God loves us all and that He cares for you. I understood thatlove to a point as a child, but I didn't understand that if God loved mewhy did He make me like this? Is it because I did something wrong? Ithought I must have because out of all the kids at school, I'm the onlyweird one. I felt like I was a burden to those around me and the sooner Igo, the better it'd be for everyone. I wanted to end my pain and end mylife at a young age, but I am thankful once again, for my parents andfamily who were always there to comfort me and give me strength.Due to my emotional struggles I had experienced with bullying, self esteemand loneliness, God has implanted a passion of sharing my story andexperiences to help others cope with whatever challenge they have in theirlife and let God turn it into a blessing. To encourage and inspire othersto live to their fullest potential and not let anything get in the way ofaccomplishing their hopes and dreams.As I grew older God continued to prepare my heart and teach me to seek Him.One of the first lessons that I have learnt was not to take things forgranted. I had that wake up call around the age of twelve and realizedjust how much I was blessed with. I take my foot for granted, my familyand the fact that I wasn't born in a third world country all blessingsthat God had freely given and I still complain? I came across;Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the best forthose who love Him."That verse spoke to my heart and convicted me to the point where that I
"bad" things happen in our life. In;James 1:3&4 - "...know that the testing of your faith developsperseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be matureand complete, not lacking anything."I had complete peace knowing that God won\'t let anything happen to us inour life unless He has a good purpose for it all. I completely gave mylife to Christ at the age of fifteen after reading John 9. Jesus said thatthe reason the man was born blind was "so that the works of God may berevealed through Him." I truly believed that God would heal me so I couldbe a great testimony of His Awesome Power. Later on I was given the wisdomto understand that if we pray for something, if it\'s God\'s will, it\'llhappen in His time. If it\'s not God\'s will for it to happen, then I knowthat He has something better. I now see that Glory revealed as He is usingme just the way I am and in ways others can\'t be used.I am now twenty-one years old and have completed a Bachelor of Commercemajoring in Financial Planning and Accounting. I am also a motivationalspeaker and love to go out and share my story and testimony whereveropportunities become available. I have developed talks to relate to andencourage students through topics that challenge today\'s teenagers. I amalso a speaker in the corporate sector. For more information on Nick\'spresentations go to "Nick\'s Ministry".In recent years, I have learnt to become independent and can now take care",1]
);
//-->
know that there is no such thing as luck, chance or coincidence that these"bad" things happen in our life. In;James 1:3&4 - "...know that the testing of your faith developsperseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be matureand complete, not lacking anything."I had complete peace knowing that God won't let anything happen to us inour life unless He has a good purpose for it all. I completely gave mylife to Christ at the age of fifteen after reading John 9. Jesus said thatthe reason the man was born blind was "so that the works of God may berevealed through Him." I truly believed that God would heal me so I couldbe a great testimony of His Awesome Power. Later on I was given the wisdomto understand that if we pray for something, if it's God's will, it'llhappen in His time. If it's not God's will for it to happen, then I knowthat He has something better. I now see that Glory revealed as He is usingme just the way I am and in ways others can't be used.I am now twenty-one years old and have completed a Bachelor of Commercemajoring in Financial Planning and Accounting. I am also a motivationalspeaker and love to go out and share my story and testimony whereveropportunities become available. I have developed talks to relate to andencourage students through topics that challenge today's teenagers. I amalso a speaker in the corporate sector. For more information on Nick'spresentations go to "Nick's Ministry".In recent years, I have learnt to become independent and can now take care
combing my hair, dressing up, taking care of my personal hygiene and evenshaving. I get around the house by jumpin\' around and, outside the house,I get around in an electric wheelchair. I love to swim, fish and playsoccer. I have a passion for reaching out to youth and keep myselfavailable for whatever God wants me to do, and wherever He leads, Ifollow.I have many dreams and goals that I have set to achieve in my life. I wantto become the best witness I can be of God\'s Love and Hope, to become aninternational inspirational speaker and be used as a vessel in bothChristian and non-Christian venues. I want to become financiallyindependent by the age of 25, through real estate investments, to modify acar for me to drive and to be interviewed and share my story on the "OprahWinfrey Show"! Writing several best-selling books has been one of mydreams and I hope to finish writing my first by the end of the year. Itwill be called "No Arms, No Legs, No Worries!"You might think these goals are too far-fetched. However, I believe that ifyou have the desire and passion to do something, and if it\'s God\'s will,you will achieve it in good time. As humans, we continually put limits onourselves for no reason at all! What\'s worse is putting limits on God whocan do all things. We put God in a "box". The awesome thing about thePower of God, is that if we want to do something for God, instead of",1]
);
//-->
of all my personal needs. I can do everything from brushing my teeth,combing my hair, dressing up, taking care of my personal hygiene and evenshaving. I get around the house by jumpin' around and, outside the house,I get around in an electric wheelchair. I love to swim, fish and playsoccer. I have a passion for reaching out to youth and keep myselfavailable for whatever God wants me to do, and wherever He leads, Ifollow.I have many dreams and goals that I have set to achieve in my life. I wantto become the best witness I can be of God's Love and Hope, to become aninternational inspirational speaker and be used as a vessel in bothChristian and non-Christian venues. I want to become financiallyindependent by the age of 25, through real estate investments, to modify acar for me to drive and to be interviewed and share my story on the "OprahWinfrey Show"! Writing several best-selling books has been one of mydreams and I hope to finish writing my first by the end of the year. Itwill be called "No Arms, No Legs, No Worries!"You might think these goals are too far-fetched. However, I believe that ifyou have the desire and passion to do something, and if it's God's will,you will achieve it in good time. As humans, we continually put limits onourselves for no reason at all! What's worse is putting limits on God whocan do all things. We put God in a "box". The awesome thing about thePower of God, is that if we want to do something for God, instead of
that it is God through us and we can\'t do anything without Him. Once wemake ourselves available for God\'s work, guess whose capabilities we relyon? God\'s!"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13God has a Great Purpose for your life! As far as your unanswered prayers,remember that God is Faithful. What are we to do when we are seeking butnot finding?Jeremiah 29:12 - "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and Iwill listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with allyour heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord...Take courage my friend for the Battle is the Lord\'s and I urge you to keepstriving for the truth. For it is the truth that will set you free and thePeace of God that surpasses all understanding will reign in your heart.May the Lord Bless you as you diligently seek Him and grant you GodlyWisdom and Strength through your journey.In Unconditional Love,Nick Vujicic--- End of Forwarded Message ---(See attached file: nick.jpg)(See attached file: nick1.jpg)(See attachedfile: nick2.jpg)(See attached file: nick3.jpg)(See attached file:nick4.jpg)",0]
);
//-->
focusing on our capability, concentrate on our availability for we knowthat it is God through us and we can't do anything without Him. Once wemake ourselves available for God's work, guess whose capabilities we relyon? God's!"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13God has a Great Purpose for your life! As far as your unanswered prayers,remember that God is Faithful. What are we to do when we are seeking butnot finding?Jeremiah 29:12 - "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and Iwill listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with allyour heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord...Take courage my friend for the Battle is the Lord's and I urge you to keepstriving for the truth. For it is the truth that will set you free and thePeace of God that surpasses all understanding will reign in your heart.May the Lord Bless you as you diligently seek Him and grant you GodlyWisdom and Strength through your journey.In Unconditional Love,Nick Vujicic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome.

Heal me.

November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home