6.09.2005

Our Building

Where I live
I'm alone again. Doug's gone to NY to a meeting and won't be back till Saturday, it's 2pm, seems everyone's out except Miss Murphy and me.
I promised to write about our building; here it is:
It's a 4-storey building with 7 apartments (over 90year old), I live on the 3rd floor (sorry no pics! I don't have any strength to go down and take a photo). On the first floor we have Regina (almost 60, nurse, kind and a friend of Miss Murphy, I went to her place last week to bake a cake; it was a lot fun & it really tasted good!), on the left there lives the Harwick family. Brenda (mom), Frank (dad), Neal (17yr old son), guess Brenda's a hair dresser & Frank works in some office, I dunno. And they always insist on forcing Neal to consider me as his older brother, I can't understand the reason but think they try to persuade their son talk about the things he doesn’t want to talk to his folks with me! Can I be a good brother?
On the second floor lives Elena with her 3 kids (2 boys; Paul 14, Gerard 13 & a girl: Devin 11) Elena's around 30 and she's a teacher; she sometimes asks me to watch her kids while she's out & do some shopping for her whenever I have time. I sometimes help em with their homework & ask em to join me in my place to watch movies (when Doug's not at home!) Personally, I don't like to baby-sit these kids anymore 'cause all of 'em reached puberty & I think their feelings toward me are changing, besides they are really curious & I don't think I'm the right one to answer their questions.( gonna talk to Elena).
George & her girl friend live next to Elena, George's about my age & he studies something related to management (I think) in Boston univ. & her gf works in a restaurant 4 blocks from here.
On the third floor, me & Doug share a 2 bedroom apartment and next to us lives Miss Murphy, the nice 80 year old ma'am with her lovely cat; I swear this cat's a real idiot, I've told her hundred times that I have allergy to animals, I even kicked it, hit it & any possible way to get off me, but she still comes meowing towards me whenever I'm in her sight!
And the last floor, unlike other floors, it's jus one apartment, I'm not much interested in this floor,
Jus for a brief view, there lives 4 or 5 guys together (and there are more at weekends, luckily they use elevator so we don't have to meet 'em)I dunno the names, I don't care about 'em. Nobody cares much till they're silent. (Sometimes they make a lot of noise while touchin & enterin each other!). Doug said two of 'em are married & wanna adopt a child, if that's true, I really feel sorry for that child!
OK this is it.
Gonna have sme lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home